Thread: I'm a new comer
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
cafleen

"It does sound like a basically good life...but at the same time, I am no longer willing to live with a part time partner. No matter how grand he is in the mornings..I still want him cognizant, available and responsible all day"

I agree with this. I do want that all the time. But for now, that would be a fantasy that would cause frustration. Besides, do we just leave when people disappoint us? How many people in marriages find all they would want in their partner? I think there are no easy answers...we take people where they are, make the best of what they are. It would not be a better outcome to break up my family. I don't think my kids living in two homes would be healthy for them. There are lots of situations that call for it. I don't feel like mine is necessarily one of them. My kids really love their dad. I think you understand the pragmatic perspective here. I love him too...or a lot about him. When things are calm...they're great. I'm questioning how much I contribute to making them "not calm." How much of that is driven by my setting of expectations and finding myself disappointed, then reacting to that?