Thread: My truths
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by crystal226 View Post
He feels I should "give him another chance" he is "trying" and he would think that after 10 years I would "forgive him easier." Let's see I "ruined his life" and he "doesn't even know what to think anymore."

I was proud of myself because I remained calm. I just said to him that "these are the consequences of your actions" and that I told him I would not accept anymore lies and he lied to me the next day and carried it out an entire week. I told him I would forgive him, but that I couldn't offer any more to him than friendship and if the lies continue he will lose that as well. He asked what he could do and I just said "work on yourself that is all you can do. I reserve the right to change my mind, but I have no way to tell you what that would take." I then just said I would see him when he sees the kids tomorrow and good night.
Good for you for remaining calm and not engaging in his blame shifting and 'after 10 years....' line.

I do not consider XAH a friend, for many reasons, but even if he didn't do all of the other stuff he did, I don't think I could have kept the liar he has become as a friend. I don't like being lied to and don't find it very friendly....

You're amazingly kind. Best wishes for tomorrow.