Thread: Short Update
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FGB

Short Update

on my son! He's been in rehab for about a week and a half, has about 2 weeks to go. I don't know anything about plans for afterwords yet and am not worrying about that right now.

He has called his Dad quite abit (some calls because he needed clothes and toiletries etc, some not.) and one of his sisters. He has not called me, nor his other sister.

This bothers me, because if he were truly getting the program, I think he would call me, but there is nothing I can do about it, and I try not to let it bother me often, or much.

I've sent him a couple cards, one with $5.00 for cigarettes. I don't feel like that is doing too much right now, nor doing too little. I think it's up to him now to contact me. He knows I love him. His dad also told him that we had discussed the commitment (which we had) and that he fully supported me in what I did, and that Dan should call me.

I'm busy with the holidays, working, and sewing. Each time I've planned to go to a meeting we've been hit w/a foot of snow or more. I'm not giviing up though, but time is getting short before the holidays. I'm also dealing with an x, the divorce has been final for over 2 years and he hasn't taken me off the mortgage yet. He has no motivation to refinance and the judge in court yesterday didn't see it as his jurisdiction to order it. We're regrouping and will be going back to court again after the holidays.

Anyway, that's the update for now. Thanks again for all your support!! Really, I'm not worrying, or being very bothered by his not calling, I've done all I can and he knows how to reach me, just a little sad that he might not be working the program to it's fullest.

FGB