View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Thumper

Hi Rhodes,

If you have a grocery store that does not sell alcohol then you can get store specific gift cards. We don't. I had to go to the store etc. He had a part time job so still had his own money but always ran out and I needed my $$ to pay the bills etc.

This is hard. I guess I want to warn you, from the voice of experience, that you should not leave cards and checks at the house. You should periodically do a credit report check to see if new credit cards are opened in your names. If you have anything that is easy to be sold, protect it. If you have joint accounts open a new one in your name only. My xah actually sold his damn vehicle - which was no heirloom or anything but - ugh - we could not replace it so then there was the drama about how he got to and from work, how he could pick up the kids from school, what if he was home alone with the kids and there was an emergency etc. It eventually didn't matter because he drank before school got out, he quit his job/got fired, and I didn't leave him alone with the kids but you see my point.

Hang in there. You are doing fine. Keep posting!