Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Now that I have allowed enough time for me to reflect on my exchange yesterday between my therapist and me, I believe he did this on purpose. I have used him as my therapist off-and-again for the last twenty years. Over this period of time we have gotten to know each other pretty good. When I describe him as one of my friends I'm referring to the definition of friend by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary; one attached to another by affection or esteem. I didn't call him my "querido".

Over this period of time he has gotten to know that I consider him rather "money hungry", and he has gotten to know I don't like to "waste money". He knows that he can get me off my "pity potty" and get me motivated in order for me to "save money".

The question was not whether or not I owed him the money, but how he approached the subject with me. His front desk could have told me that I needed to pay the amount due for my prior missed appointment. His front office is operated by his son, and his daughter, also, suffering from schizo-effective disorder. My daughter, also, suffered from schizo-effective disorder.

Well, if that was his deliberate plan, it worked! He managed to get me off my "pity potty", got me motivated, and I actually had a productive day!

When I chose to go into therapy with him this time, I knew what I was getting. He's a straight-shooter, without any sugar and honey added to his advice. I think he feels like he has done enough talking......now it's my time to put his advice into action!

Love and Peace,
Phoenix