Thread: Blues
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

LonesomeD Welcome to SR. I am happy you are here but sorry for the reason you are here.

You may want to look in on the Adult Children of Alcoholics forum if you want to see how the kids are impacted. I am an ACoA. It impacted me greatly and I did not get help for it until I was much older because everyone was in denial when around my mom.

My parents had some sort of sick simbiotic relationship that I never understood. It also impacted what I thought a "normal" marriage looks like.

I agree with smacked. Only you can decide what will make you happy. It is hard for those of us who have lived aorund or are continuing to live around our alcoholics to be happy unless we are taking care of ourselves and also our children. We need to set boundaries and stick to them.

I too think you and your kids would benefit from AlAnon and AlaTeen. I wish my kids were old enough to go to AlaTeen. It would be nice for them to be aound other kids who are going through what they are.

You took the first step--you came here. Keep coming. The people here have gone through what you are. It helps to be "around" those who understand what you are talking about.