Thread: Blues
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LonesomeD

Blues

I have read posts here over the past few months and found some useful material for coping and understanding the pervasive and evidently too common challenges of living with an AW. I would like to hear from some folks that have a happy ending for this relentless story.
25 years of life with someone does a lifetime make.
Much, indeed most of this time has been pretty good.
Her drinking "habit" (she refuses to call herself and addict) is a recurring problem
that gets bigger and more destructive each time it manifests in this oscillating pattern of subsiding and returning. It never completely goes away and maybe the only real oscillation is the severity of the problem. My reluctance to address it probably skews my perception.
We have three teenage kids, wonderful kids that we both adore.
They are no longer oblivious to the problem their mother has.
We have a busy, hectic, stressful life together and the recent escalation of this problem is threatening to destroy everything. I don't know which way to turn. I feel like the loneliest man in the world. No one knows this problem exists in my family. She often feels horrible about herself, but can't recognize that alcohol is the villain. My heart is broken.
I just want to do the right thing. I'd take a bullet for my family. I want it intact, especially while the kids remain in the house. But now I'm really starting to worry about how they can be affected.

Is there any hope?

I'm sick and "blue" .....Merry Christmas