View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Sorry you are in the situation you are in.

I have no good advice. But I offer you a warm welcome. There are many people here who are dealing with similar issues. I hope you figure out a solution to your problem. I say your problem because your wife is doing exactly what she wants to do and is perfectly content to stay that way. Her drinking is not a problem for her. It's only going to become a problem if someone tries to force her to stop before she's ready.

You are stuck deciding what kind of environment you are going to bring your children up in. That sucks. But since you are the only sober parent, that's what you have to do.

Unfortunately, nothing you do will stop your wife from drinking so that's kind of null and void right there. AND by the way, none of this is your fault. You didn't cause it. You can't control it and you can't cure it. That's all on her.

Do the best you can with the kids. I recommend an afterschool care program so she's not home alone with them... drunks can do stupid and reckless things around their children. Even if they don't mean to hurt them, accidents happen. ESPECIALLY when you are intoxicated.

Alanon would be very very helpful for you.