View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Missybuns

Welcome!
ANY power greater than me has a power greater than my own...I can tap into that with a willingness to get out of my own way. Doesn't have to be or be called "GOD" it can be anything I choose it to be.
I learned to step away from my own self-centeredness for the first time in the first step. I experienced an awakening as a result of accepting my powerlessness over my addiction. That awakening lead me to step two....and so on one at a time.

Recovery in NA has taught me to be openminded and tolerant of our differences. This tells me you can be different than me in several ways...yet have the similarity of myself and the other members in sharing the same goal to live clean principled lives without the use of drugs.

We do recover when we look for our similarities.

NA is inclusive and not at all exclusive. This also means we hope you don't exclude or disqualify yourself along your journey to find a mentor/sponsor with whom you can feel comfortable.
My search for a sponsor along this journey has proven invaluable! I have come to realize that we don't have the same higher power and we are just fine!
The twelve steps are very personal process and are shared by both believers in a God(s) and athiests alike who do recover in NA. NA is diverse! Keep doing what you are doing and you will find the winners.

Peace,
Missy