Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
NYCDoglvr

Originally Posted by nicam View Post
Thanks for all your replies, I haven't logged in all week because I started a new job and had wireless router issues, so it was nice to see all of your responses!

Yeah, jealousy was a factor. He's a little insecure about being the sober guy who can never touch a drink while everyone else does, and couldn't help but feel maybe I would rather be with someone who doesn't have theses issues.

The thing with him is alcohol was never his DOC, it was painkillers, He loves wine and was even a sommelier at one point, and lately he's been flirting with the idea of having the occasional social glass of wine after having 2-3 years of recovery on his belt. Says he has NO desire to EVER touch drugs again, but...
Ok, the alcoholic (20 years) must speak up about this. Alcohol was MY drug of choice but it would take me a nanosecond to get hooked on drugs. It would be the same thing as picking up a drink. I'm an ADDICT. As they say, you can't turn a pickle back into a cucumber

He should talk to other addicts about this. It's his decision entirely, you can help the most in encouraging him to talk to another person about this.