View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

I can't watch any of these shows. They depress and anger me, and the exploitive nature of CR makes it even worse for me than Intervention. Also, I do think CR is potentially a violation of the Hyppocratic Oath, but it can also be a cautionary tale so I'm really not sure.

What I am sure of is that I'm OK with people thinking CR is funny because of the dumb-a$$ things I've watched the alcoholics in my life say and do. What healthy person, or person inexperienced with addicts and alcoholics, wouldn't find some of this to be surreal, unbelievable, and even funny? The stupid sh*t alcoholics do is mind-boggling-- truly mind-boggling.

Occasionally my wife and I even laugh together (like about the time she tried to take my car while drunk but couldn't get it into reverse-- I found her in our parking lot with the car stuck on the curb and revving the engine-- thank God I have a rev limiter and a standard transmission with a wierd move you have to make to put it in reverse, or who knows what would have happenned).

My 2 Cents.

Cyranoak