View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

This question comes up here quite often. I really wish they would make a stickie thread out of the best one so we could just refer people to that.

Most people here feel that non-alcoholic (actually, most contain 0.05% alcohol) is a bad idea because it's flirting with disaster. Many feel it will cause them to crave the real thing. Most say they drank beer to get drunk and not because the especially liked the taste. Of course, those people should definitely stay away from it.

On the other hand, there are those who will have a N/A brew occasionally. While it doesn't taste exactly like beer, it's close enough that it satisfies wanting that beer taste with certain foods, etc. I am one of those people. I would never suggest anyone try it if they were in the least bit fearful that it could cause them to crave the real thing. That has never happened with me and I have 2 1/2 years sober. I don't drink it that often; in fact, I haven't had any in a couple of months but do plan to purchase some soon.

In other words, it's a very personal decision.