View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Sharing Self Esteem Affirmations!

We, as codependents, have so much pain and hurt that we must endure loving someone that is an alcoholic or addicted, that sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves. In the process of juggling all our daily tasks, we often forget how important it is to take care of ourselves. However, taking care of ourselves is most important of all because if we take care of ourselves then it's that much easier to take care of everyone and everything else around us.

One means of coping is learning how to do positive self esteem affirmations about some outcome we wish to achieve, such as wealth, success, or health. Instead of negative self-talk, we can use positive daily self esteem affirmations to direct what our focus will be. We can conquer our past and present fears, and enjoy our present or create the future by positive self esteem affirmations. Self esteem affirmations are good way to stay focused on what we want.

We can say our positive daily affirmations silently or aloud to ourselves. Repetition of affirmations will also counteract negative thoughts that may stream through our minds, automatically sometimes. Initially, we may not find it easy to hear the affirmation above the internal noise of negative thoughts and feelings. We need to repeat our positive affirmations at intervals throughout our day, to reinforce the positive belief and to maintain a positive state of mind.

Once we start believing that something is possible, it becomes probable. An affirmation should be a belief in ourselves. The desires and dreams that our minds can conceive bear seeds of possibility, and possibilities ultimately become realities. Given enough time, however, we can change most of the basic ideas about ourselves by positive daily self esteem affirmations.

We can multiply the effectiveness of positive affirmations by teaching ourselves to stay aware of our persistent thoughts. Persistent thoughts are the ideas that keep automatically popping into our heads. Unfortunately these persistent thoughts are usually negative. Often times we are more dedicated to our distractions then our destiny. We must stop those negative thoughts by refusing to think them. Then repeat our affirmations again. Eventually our persistent thoughts will automatically be positive, and that's when we will really see a difference in our attitude, and sense a difference in how we feel.

We cannot always control our thoughts, but we can control our words, and repetition impresses the subconscious, and we are then master of the situation. (Florence Scovel Shinn)

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen. (Claude M. *******)

I, like everyone else, need to use these self esteem quotes to improve my lookout on my life!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." (Albert Einstein)

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection." (Buddha)

"Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves." (Nathaniel Branden)

"Everybody is unique. Compare not yourself with anybody else lest you spoil God’s curriculum." (Rabbi Israel ben Eliezer)

"Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are." (Malcolm S. Forbes)

"You can’t build joy on a feeling of self-loathing." (Ram Dass)

"It's not your job to like me...it's MINE!" (Byron Katie)

"Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miesracles in our lives." (Louise L. Hay)

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." (Joseph Campbell)

"Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." (Charles Dickens)

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." (Albert Einstein)

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life so I will succeed into tomorrow".

"Persistence beats resistance!"

"Feel the fear and do it anyway!"

Some of the best and most effective affirmations are those found in the Bible.

The bible says "What so ever a man thinks, so is he"

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a future and a hope!" (Jeremiah 29:11)

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me!" (Philippians 4: 13)

Please share some of your own favorite positive self esteem affirmations!