View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
crystal226

Just to add some details. Separating our finances means separating our bank accounts (he is no longer on my account and I am not on his) and paying the bills that belong to each of us respectively. The car title belongs to us both and the loan is in my name with him as a co-signer. Understandably having him pay the loan could be problematic and he is working on getting it refinanced into his name (so he says). If it becomes an issue I could sell it, but would end up owing about two thousand because it is not worth what is borrowed on it at his point. I don't have the means to pay the payment right now so I am I guess hoping it will not be an issue, but I can see where many of you and myself have that concern.

As far as the lying. I approached him about it...could have left it alone, but I wanted him to know it bothered me and I won't stand for lying if we are ever to rebuild a relationship. At first he denied it and then when he came to see the kids admitted he lied out of shame. It was nice to get the truth out of him, but too bad it only happened because he was in a situation that his lie was verifiable. Just going to keep moving forward and let go of his actions. What he ultimately does will affect my decision to stay or go for good so it is tough, but it is out of my hands.