Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

I'm sorry Bolina. That is how I took it - as though you thought I just wanted to rant about his behavior. But I'm glad you wrote back and told me otherwise!

Why does what he thinks matter? I guess I just lived in that reality for so long and he was keeping me so beat down and isolated, I really wondered if he was right. And his friends didn't seem to like me from the beginning. My mother never liked me. Maybe they are all right. His "list" was made for our counselor (he went one time and quit) - he seemed to think he was going to present this list and the counselor was going to understand "my issues." Another thing on the list - that I can't swim! I really think this list is just a HUGE focus on me and my "issues" so that he doesn't have to focus on himself. And who gives a flying f* that I can't swim. Unless he suddenly decided after 4.5 years that he really wanted a scuba diving relationship partner...my not swimming is my own d* business.

We are not in contact and I have everything blocked. I did see him a couple of weeks ago - he asked me to take him to an AA meeting. I did and kept very distant, unemotional, but accompanying. After leaving, he said, "We both have a lot of issues to work on." I'm not completely sure what he meant - but I got the impression that just by seeing me he was already trying to focus on me again instead of himself.

It drives me crazy and I don't understand it.