Old 12-11-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hollyanne

Dear Golden,
No matter what you say or how you say it isn't going to work with someone like this. My therapist used to call them "collectors of injustices".
My friend was very outgoing and the life and soul of the party and she married a guy who then turned around and began to pick away at her confidence. He was jealous! He hated that all she had to do was turn up while he depended on being from a wellknown family etc.
She is now separated and the sparkle is back. I cannot believe the things this guy said and did. If he was right and you have all these social problems, Then I assume you have no friends and people sneak off to lunch without you at work?
Yea, I thought not. It is deflecting from themselves. I also have a sister, who can cut the legs from under people and do it with a smile of concern! It took a long time to learn how to deal with it, and realize that she was not perfect! I would say, "Sis, I really don't like the tone here. I don't want to continue this." I had to not have anything to do with her for a while.
Please, do not listen to this bs. I think his writing lists and stuff is beyond ridiculous. Where is his list on himself? We are told in AA not to take people's inventory. Keep our side of the street clean etc.
ps, Yes it is rude to start a hobby with someone excitedly and then run off and do it with another person. Thoughtless at the very least.