Old 12-11-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
yorkiegirl

Not Calling Them "New Year's Resolutions"

I won't call them my New Year's resolutions for 2011.

As I've posted on this forum and reflected further on myself, I realize there are some areas in my life I would like to work on. They are as follows:

1) I will continue to work on my serenity in every aspect of my life (at home, work, with extended family, neighbors, friends, random people off the street, etc.), and to do my best to release any negative energy I feel when it comes upon me.

2) I will work on forgiving my parents, accepting them for who they are, loving them, having compassion for them, appreciating all of the positive things they have given me, creating new memories with them that I can look back on years from now and appreciate. I will work on letting go of the negative things in my past. I will draw boundaries, practice detachment with love when I must, and continue to work on serenity.

3) I will work to keep the focus on my recovery, not my RAH's.

4) I will continue to work on being the kind of mother my daughter deserves and to create a safe, loving, stable, predictable, consistent, serene home.

5) I will work on not judging/criticizing others and appreciating them for who they are. If I feel judged or interpret what others say as judging me or criticizing me, I will work on letting those things go. If I am asked and can offer ESH, I will. Otherwise, I will work on not giving advice.

What are yours? I'd love for you to share!

May we all continue to work on our healing. . .