View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skippernlilg
Skipper

When is NC helpful?

I've been reading a whole lot of posts over the past few months. I've noticed a lot of people are deciding to go "no contact" (NC) and/or divorce completely from their As.

When I go to Al-anon, I'm finding that many of the other members are living with their As every single day and coping.

In my situation, we have decided that ABF should not live in our house because of the lying around with hangovers and the walking on eggshells thing. He comes over in sober moments about twice/week. We try to chat on FB every day, early in the evening (before his all-night binges begin).

This seems to be working for me right now. ABF wants to come home because his mother is making him 'do stuff around the house'. That's not a reason to come home, and he knows that. He's in agreement that he has to be working a program and healthy, which can take a lot of time.

We have not made deadlines on that time. I have not made any demands or ultimatums. It has not been a 'fight' at all. But, I can't help but think eventually I'll run out of interest in this arrangement.

How has NC been helpful to you, and did anyone go through this process prior to NC?

Thanks.