View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by Bucyn View Post
Oh absolutely true. I am 49 and am having also having absolutely the best romantic relationship of my life as well. Who'd have thunk it? And he's not and never will be an alcoholic. He divorced an alkie back in 2002 after 17 years of marriage. I feel safe with him, feel at home with him, and he says the same about me. We have fun. No drama. Easy understanding. And most surprising, an exciting future ahead of us. Who'd have thunk it. 2 years, 18 months ago (XAH and I split 9/2009), all the wanted was peace and sanity. I wish I'd dumped the guy earlier.

Life is so much better. I hope all of you find the way out too and build happier lives for yourself. It's never too late. Amazing things can happen when you unhook yourself from sick people.

BTW, I also wanted to say, it's not like I was a hot babe; I was an overweight, dull, anxious, stressed out, exhausted middle aged woman. The weight fell off, the circles disappeared from under my eyes, my hair grew lush, my skin and eyes brightened, I walk with the bounce in my step, and now, now months away from 50, I AM a hot babe. Loved women are pretty women. Happy women sparkle. I look better than I have in a decade. It can happen to you too.
What a great post. Thanks for sharing!