View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
highfunction

I'll get the book. Can I buy it at the bookstore? I don't want to order it and have it show up at the house when he's home.

I even had my moments early on in the relationship where I looked at him drink and thought, "oh geeze, this is different for him," and I worried about it, but I've gone through a lot of phases of telling myself for SURE he'll stop at some point, because it's so obvious to me that he needs to. Now, after watching him and reading what you all have to say, I'm having my doubts.

I mean, his dad nearly ruined his life with alcoholism. And when his dad went sober, their family life improved ten fold. My bf is a very intelligent man. He knows his dad was an alcoholic, he saw all the damage it did, he watched him recover and saw the benefits. WHY ARE YOU MESSING WITH THIS????

I mean, it's JUST alcohol. How can you risk throwing away your life and health over it. I don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it upsets me because outside of this, he's so perfect. I love talking about babies with him, and watching him with his little nieces and nephews. I want to keep him!!!

Grumble. Growl. RMPH.