View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by jds0401 View Post
I ask myself the same question all the time! Why can't I just do what in my head I know I should have done about 3 years ago and just leave!!!! For me personally, I did not have this problem when I was younger though....for us women I think we have additional social pressures (JMO).....this sounds so stupid but my biggest worry (other than his physical health) is very selfish, I worry that I'm too old to find anyone else...I'm in my later 30s.
Well, first of all, let me just say that I left my AH at the ripe old age of 43. And, currently, at the age of 48, I'm enjoying the absolute best romantic relationship of my life. So, being too old to find anyone else--well that's just not so.

But, more importantly, why does it matter. Who says you NEED to find anyone else? You are whole and complete and have a contribution to this world whether you are romantically involved with someone or not.

And, BTW, it was that revelation that got me past the fear of never finding anyone. It didn't matter to me, and then guess what happened? LOL

L