View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Rayn, all I would do is...

...berate you for breaking no contact like you've been doing and then you would hate me and I would get in trouble for being mean and have to make an amends (again). Plus, part of my disease is that I have trouble being frank with women. Dudes are easy for me to be emotionally forthright with-- women not so much. You know if I start a post with "Dude," some guy is just being an idiot like me.

Also, from your posts it's clear that you know what to do but are struggling to do it, so I can't really add to it as I'm pretty much in the same boat. Intellectually I know the right move, but I struggle to do it.

Also, I can see you are a pretty cool (insert politically correct slang term for woman here), and I have faith you are moving in the right direction so I'll basically sit back and read your posts unless I truly feel I have something to add. The others usually cover it better than I could.

What you could do is post the same whiny post over and over again while showing no willingness to change, accountability, self-awareness or any progress whatsoever. In that case I'll eventually crack and post some kind of "Good God" comment. That said, there's one person who paralyzes me-- I can't even read her posts anymore because they depress and anger me so much, and if I responded to her I'm fairly certain I'd end up getting kicked off the forum. I'm also fairly certain the rest of you have what it takes to gently guide her into reading more of the awesome responses she gets-- it sure seems like she does a ton of talking and not very much listening-- all while clearly digging as fast as she can in the very deep hole in which she finds herself.

That reminds me; here's a tip for all of us-- Social media sites have unfriend buttons. Use them. Wireless companies have services that allow you to block phone numbers permanently. Use them or change your phone number. And, if your life is already a living hell how in God's name could it get worse if you leave your alcoholic or addict? Denail anybody?

In closing I'd just like to say that looking for a frustrated dude icon reminds me of a question I've had for awhile-- what the heck is this guy doing? Is it even appropriate?

Cyranoak

P.s. C3PO is full on codie. So is Chewbacca. Don't get me started on Han Solo. Solo? Really?

P.p.s. If I were a woman I would have called you a pretty cool chick. I didn't, but I would have.

Originally Posted by Rayn3dr0p View Post
"Dead nuts on..." Cyranoak, you are so friggin hilarious (and, I think it's safe to surmise, wiser than a puppet). I have to admit I'm a little jealous that you have never posted on one of my threads. Hint, hint.

So, I have a question for all you Star Wars buffs: if Yoda is the wise and almighty HP in this scenario (or perhaps just an experienced sponsor) and Luke Skywalker is the addict, who are we?

My vote goes for C3PO, the robotic worrywart. Some quotes:
"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life."
"I'm standing here in pieces, and you're having delusions of grandeur!"