Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
keepinon

I will just share my experienc.e.I am the mom of an addict ..we love her, I stayed home with them when they were little, got my degree in human development..got jobs at thier schools, provided counseling, went to their games, have been married to thier biological father for 21 years. We put her in a shishi rehab in Malibu..people flew from Hawaii, Canada, St.Louis every week to attend the family therapy with and for their addicted children..Right now 3 in that group are clean (that I know ), 2 of them , my daughter included are living in sober living structrured environments.She and the other girl had LEGNTHY relapses on their DOC before seeking help again. The 3rd clean guy..well that was his 3 rd rehab at 16 and he finally got it.
These kids were loved, nurtured, supported and also ENABLED till we learned better.LOVE DOESN'T FIX ADDICTION..that is what I learned for 20 grand and years of torturing myself.The addict is the ONLY one who can fix themselves..we aren't even good supports, not being addicts in recovery.they need their peers. You would benefit from your own recovery at nar or alanon..they will help you set boundaries for yourself.