View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Just a note...

...to let you know that if you only went to one Al-Anon meeting then it is highly unlikely you know if it will work for you or not. One meeting and you know Al-Anon won't work for you? Really?

Desert Eyes was very kind to share with you what he did, much of it from Al-Anon, where there is a lot to learn if you give it more than one shot. Every meeting is different, people with open minds who listen can learn even from a "bad meeting," and if you haven't gone to at least six different meetings before deciding if it's for you then the only person you aren't giving a chance is yourself.

Also, a good way to make sure very few people will respond to you here or in a meeting is this attitude right here, "I *have* been to a local Al-Anon session. I did not find listening to other people's problems useful. I have also made several visits to a therapist who was less than helpful, turning the discussion about how I feel rather than giving me the tools to cope."

The common denominator is you. How you feel is directly related to "the problem."

Good luck. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranoak

Last edited by Cyranoak; 12-08-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Removed some sarcasm.