Old 12-08-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Well, I just called the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services' hotline. I had an intake interview over the phone. My DDH had taken off early this morning to go back to the ER for his pain in his neck.

It was through the ----- Care Inhome Care Services that my case was originally referred to the TDFPS. The original case worker who did the home study recommendation was for me to leave the house. She was ready and willing to help me do this. However, I wasn't ready to make such a drastic decision at that time. You know us codependents, we believe if only someone could just talk to the alcoholic surely they would see their wrong doings and be willing to make the necessary changes, Right?!

Unfortunately my plan to get my mouth shut isn't working out all that well. I had fallen asleep in the bed last night only to be woken up by my DDH. He was banging things around in the bedroom to take the garbage outside at 12:30 a.m. I woke up and wasn't very happy. No body would dare do that to him!

After I got woken up, I had a few minutes where I went in a very dark place in my thoughts. Somewhere I hadn't gone before, and with the Grace of God I don't want to stay at, or go back to. That's NOT me!

Please pray for me and my family!