Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by SamiJ View Post
A few years ago, I had to leave for work at 5 am. He was just getting home when I had to leave. I was taking our son to my mothers house. He wanted me to leave the baby here with him. I refused. As I was leaving he jumped into the car with me. He was in his underwear. On the drive there he told me he would steer my car over a hill. I saw a policeman at a convenience store and stopped. They took him to jail..that just happened to be fathers day. I feel I did the absolute right thing. Tonight I heard how terrible for having sent him to jail for that. Whats terrible is that I took him back. It was just an endless rant of things I have done to him. Completely stupid. Now he is in here bitching about the electric bill. oh my. He just wont stop. This man hates me. He is sitting here yelling at me. wow. Who is this person?
SamiJ, I'm so sorry for what you're having to deal with. You absolutely did the right thing. That was an amazingly brave and smart. I hope you know that it is his actions that put him in jail.

In every discussion that devolved into an argument, XAH shifted the focus from the subject to blaming me for everything that had gone wrong in his life. It took so long for me to realize that it wasn't my fault. Even if I was every nasty word he called me, it was not my fault that he lost his job, that he drank until he passed out every night, that he got pulled over and given a ticket for driving a commercial vehicle without the appropriate license, etc. It's taking even longer to realize that I am not every nasty word he's called me.

Please take gentle care of yourself, SamiJ. Welcome to SR. You're not alone and you're not to blame for his actions or their consequences.
Wishing you peace and strength.