View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
FGB

V,
You absolutely did the right thing. My son is 26, and I just went through the legal process of having him committed to rehab because he's a danger to himself. (See my thread "The police just called") And you think YOUR son hates you? My son is taking first place in that contest right now!! I did basically have him tied up and taken to court/detox/and finally today rehab.

I love what someone said (sorry, can't scroll while replying to give due credit!) about loving them enough to let them hate you. It is so very true.

Everyone here is so wise, I never would've made it through (and continuing through) this, without this site. I'm still trying to get to a f2f meeting, but am horribly behind on xmas, and have to go out of state next week for court w/my x, and working, but I'm not giving up on it. You should try one too!

Now that I've managed to get him into a rehab program, I'm just praying that he will learn something there. Maybe using won't be as much fun after, if some seeds are planted. When he gets out, I won't be trying to control his life, he can make his choices, right or wrong, I will treat him as the adult he is, and I won't help him or see him if he's using. And I will be okay with that.

I know it hurts being hated, especially during the holidays. The only way I can deal with it is by reminding myself it's the disease hating me, not my son.

I wish you all the best, and hope you keep posting and reading. Huge hugs to another hurting mom. FGB