Old 12-07-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
lulu1974

I wish you the best. I was 25 when I met mine. He was everything to me. He was educated, highly functioning, treated me like a queen, sweet, kind.....I am 35 now and divorced and childless. My prince charming is now an alcoholic and a drug addict. I wanted a family more than anything and we tried but no luck and my doctor did tell me it is harder if he has a substance abuse problem for some. I dont know what will become of my life but I would do ANYTHING to be in your shoes right now. I would honor myself, respect myself, think myself worthy to be with someone who cares enough about myself and himself to get himself healthy, who wanted to have babies with me without drinking himself into a stupor constantly. I would look at myself and wonder why I dont think I deserve someone healthy instead of dealing with 10 years of chaos. I tried everything. Church, marriage counseling, 2 rehabs, crying, family intervention, begging, throwing him out, taking him back...Nothing worked. All I did was waste some of the best years of my life. Please please educate yourself. Don't be me in 10 years. Its been a long road and not only did he try to take me down but everyone I loved too. This disease hurts all around. Watching my parents cry after finding out all he did was a moment I will remember until the day I die. I have stopped asking myself what did I do?? But I used to ask myself that often. I hope this doesnt seem harsh but I want to hug you right now and tell you to read all you can on this and go to open AA mts to see what may happen of your life. I wished to God someone told me all this when I was 25.

My biggest hugs and bestest wishes..

Lulu