View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Vandawglier

I know.

But right now I think there's almost a "how can I hurt them" like some of the bad decisions are a self-destructive way to get back at us for ... whatever. The fact he thought we didn't like his girlfriend? (not true)

Which probably makes it even better that he leaves - he'll only be hurting himself because we won't necessarily see it (at least not every day like we are now)

I know what you are going to say to this but...

I also think that his one friend started hanging around when he was vulnerable. this kid is relentless. He is always arguing, wears people down to get his own way. My daughter says that he is constantly planning out the stories and lies he's going to tell to get away with stuff. She thinks that her brother is just too nice and his friend just won't let go.

I've actually never seen anyone like this and the kid infiltrated every aspect of my son's life - transferred to the same college, into a couple of the same classes, got a job at the same place. He tried to get them to move into an apartment together - and it was completely relentless - he wouldn't take no for an answer even when we said it didn't work for us financially and didn't make any sense.

The kid seems to have unlimited funds, a sporty car and his parents have no control over him - they don't even try. He's been busted as well, caught with a scale etc. but managed to talk himself out of some of that. Still has a possession charge to go to court for. But I think he sells drugs and he uses my son to help him (my son is tall, good looking, and was popular at school)

Again, I know what you're thinking - that everybody thinks it's somebody elses fault. But I had a very soft-hearted son who went through a bad time then has this parasite like friend attached to him. Do I have to watch this kid overwhelm and destroy mine?