Old 12-06-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DYankee
Dyankee

Need Support to Defend Myself & Family from Sociopath

Hello,Folks:

I'm brand new here, but not to forums or help groups. My 45 yo middle son is living out in my back yard in his defunct car and two of my other children are barely speaking to me because I won't take him back in. It's twenty degrees out, and he's been living there since last April when I booted him out after starting a fist fight with my youngest 25 yo. I just learned he's been fired from his job.

His father was a sociopath/alcoholic (deceased), and so is he. He's been drinking since he was a teenager, lost his license for OUI and spent time in jail third time out. Walked out of Salvation Army, refuses to go to AA (even when it was mandated by the court). I won't go into everything he's done; I'm sure you know the drill.

I called the hot line for AA tonight because I'm scared he's going to darn well freeze to death out there, and was instructed to call the court tomorrow and explain that he is a danger to himself (and possibly to others; my ex was physically abusive). I will.

This is a nightmare that never seems to end. I've had to cope with all the damage my ex did to my family and I, and now that three of my four children are fully functional, successful members of society, here it is again. My other kids just don't understand what a train wreck like him can do to you. He's been here five years, since his exwife kicked him out, and I've supported him a good part of that time.

I'm just flat out tired and can't contain the emotional distress anymore. I have Addison's Disease and had to retire last spring because I couldn't sustain an eight hour day anymore. Do I sound selfish? I've had to be, to keep us going, and I just want some peace now.

I've spent money I couldn't afford, suffered through days/weeks/years of nasty underhandedness, lies, thefts, character assassination. I'm done. I thought I was done crying too, but I guess there's more tears yet to be shed. Please God, let him live through this night, so I can get him out of my yard and my life without suffering irrepairable harm (to either him or me).