View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Eight Ball

Hi Skgarcia and welcome to SR, I am so pleased that you found us but sorry for what you are going through.

Just know that you are not on your own and you will definitely find someone here going through similar circumstances to your own.

How is this fair? Why do I have to hurt because of her?
What can I do? Is there anyone else suffering from this kind of situation?
Alcoholism is a dreadful desease and effects everyone who comes in contact with it, not only the alcoholic. This is why I am so pleased that you found us as you can now start learning about the desease and hopefully make life more bearable for yourself. You will learn ways to protect yourself from feeling hurt by your mother and lesson the suffering you feel due to the situation you find yourself in.

Firstly, I am going to suggest that you google and see if you can find 'Al-anon' meetings close by to you. This is a good source of direct communication with others who are being or have been effected with someone who abuses alcohol. Secondly, keep posting here and reading some of the stickies above. You definitely arent alone, and there is definitely something you can do to make things better.

Many more will be along with some useful insight, so keep reading and welcome once again.