View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

It's different for everybody...

..for me I need both. In-person meetings are critical to my happiness, and the internet is a way for me to stay in touch with recovery when a meeting isn't available (and to put my thoughts into writing).

Speaking only for myself, the only time I think it's best to do online only is when you have no other choice because of geography, health, or you've been to a ton of local meetings and just don't like them. It doesn't work for everybody, but it works for most if they let it.

All I know is I'm a happier person when I go to in-person meetings (of course, the abundance of needy women who are in pain in meetings makes me attracted to damn near all of them, and makes me want to save them-- I have to manage that all the time-- it's part of my challenge with codependancy).

Regards,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by soloquest2 View Post
Again... thanks for the support all. (and the "slap upside the head, Cyranoak!)

In looking back over my posts one thing I didn't mention is that she has been in Recovery for 15 years without a relapse. (obviously she still has problems... I just want to give the whole, true picture to all of you.)

I located an Alanon meeting that meets on Monday nights nearby and I plan on going. Are the internet meetings effective... just as an option?