View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
wicked

Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
Had a visit today at the facility so she could see the kids. She was good with them, but very hostile with me. She's still angry that each time she's called I've had to get off the phone quickly, so I've arrange for her to call me tomorrow at 8am so we can talk without interruption. She says she wants to be involved in the arrangements for the kids when she's away, like picking the nanny etc. I'm not convinced this is a good idea, nor something that is required...
RedBaron,

If she is hostile with you and wants to control things like picking out the nanny, I don't believe she is getting her part in her recovery.
She gave away her right to make parental decisions about your children when she chose to drink over what was best for them.
This is not my judgement coming from on high, I am a recovering acloholic with children. My children went into foster care while I was in treatment, and I was very carefully monitored by the Army (I was active duty at the time) to make sure I remained sober or lose my children and my career.
I do understand how hard it is to have an alcoholic constantly yammering in your ear too, my ex was addicted too. It might be best to limit the conversations to what you can tolerate, not what she wants to do.
You are really doing well and making great progress. I am so glad your children have you there for them.

:ghug3

Beth