Old 12-04-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
johndelko408
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Well out here in california and especially here in the bay area we have a language of our own.

We've been known to have started hecka and hella (heck of and hell of - meaning a lot)
Yaper (sounds like paper), gouda, scratch, feds, = money
A bill = $100, a rack = $1000
Though I no longer indulge. Trees, broccoli = pot.
Tweeker = meth addict
Bass head = crackhead
J-cat, square are derogatory terms for people who obey the law.
Straight edge = no drugs, no alcohol and no promiscuity
The Yay = The Bay Area (San Francisco bay area)
Cherry can mean a number of things, cool, sweet or "that chick is cherry" in this sense it means hot or pretty.
Beans or Cool beans is like saying okay or cool. Like if someone were to give you something you like or say yes to a favor, you respond beans or cool beans.
Famous means all good. Like "how are you doing" reply with "famous"
We say soda not POP. The first time I went to Washington I was in a McDonald's and they asked me what type of pop I would like. I had no clue what they were talking about when I learned they were referring to soda I thought I was in the 50's or something.
Yadadamean is "you know what I mean."
Scraper is a lowered car, hence the tail pipe scrapes the road.
Box Chev is an 80's model Caprice
Whip or ride is a car.
Slap or slump means bass like "my whip gots slap"
Stoges = cigarettes
Beats is music
Then of course Efeezy (E40) has started a slang of his own. Fo shizzle or shezzle means for sure
Launch pad is your hometown.
For those of us that spin tables, tables = turntables. (techniques mk1200's only the best baby). Straight vinyl none of that cd mixing crap. Cd's = no skill and the death of the Dj/turntablist.
And I have to give props to the East Bay aka the nickelDime aka the 5-1zipper aka Alameda County the 510 area code. That's were I'm from originally.
"What it do or what it do-do" is how are you doing or what's up.

So much more to list. We're somewhat of different breed of cat on the left (west) coast.

(((Live))) we also say kick rocks out here. We also say bounce, jam and of course split which is known all around.