Old 12-03-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
NeverLetGo23
Nazarite

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
When I said; "Walk away"! I don't mean leave the picture completely. I know she needs friends on the outside. You've provided a good source of the religion kind. She's going to need others in recovery from drugs/alcohol.

I'd hate to see her play you against her father's affections. It happens so much in familys. And with her being locked up right now, she'll do almost anything to get visitors and letters from the outside. Being in jail is NO fun. I've spent a few hours behind bars myself. Don't forget, I've also been away to basic training and AIT. So YES, those letters and packages meant a lot to me while I was away from my family.

Only being 22 years old is still a very young, impressionable age. Any attention from a good looking young man is always an excitement. Have you considered this fact is why she wants to keep you around and not the preaching you bring?

When is she suppose to get out of jail? You know she'll end up moving back in with daddy and the connection you two will be severed. I've lost a couple of GOOD friends to drugs and family reasons. I don't let it get me down or rule my life. I've moved on past these issues and wish them well. I'm happy with my life now and don't let negativeness come into. Life is too short to deal with others wanting to bring us down with them. I'm almost 51 and want to enjoy the rest of my life in peace.

TOD
Another Great Post. Thank You.

I know how important the letters and support are as well. I weight that every day when dealing with the situation. Right now there are more positives than negatives.
As far as the good-looking aspect. She doesn't get to see me, and it's winter, when she does, the only thing visible are my eyes from all the winter gear.
I have no doubt she likes someone SHE considers attractive giving her attention, we all do. She confesses to me as well, and made it apparent when we first met, that hispanic people weren't exactly her favorite. I kind of grew on her I suppose you could say. When it becomes obvious that that might be a negative aspect, I'll look into it, but as of now..we honestly almost only have contact through letters.
She won't be getting anything from me but letters, and maybe a book or two if the option becomes available.
I make the letter point, because...they are filled with love,support, and foundation building. We're not sending sexual articles to each other of any kind.
She can't really get anything from me at this point, but support.
She's looking at 2-3 years possibly with all the rehabilitation stops she's going to have to make before final release to probation.

I do realize her dad will do what he can to keep us apart. That is fine. That means she would have made it through, survived and hopefully grown by that time. Which is all I can ask for. If we are separated, it will be a hard pill to swallow, but not an impossible one, especially if I know she's happy and well off. How could I be upset..knowing someone I care for is in good hands?
I'm focused on taking care of me, and putting me in a position to one day take care of my family. I'm not focused on much else. God called me to this path.. If He calls her away, or me to another, I will continue to follow him. I do what I can, when I can..I don't control it..nor do I fear the lack of control, I fear missed opportunity.

Thank you for your time and advice.