Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
craven

Hey Serenitee!

I hate it that you are in this situation! My observation is that this guy needs to grow up and just leave you alone. What would you tell a girlfriend, sister, or another loved one if she told you this story? I suspect you'd tell her to get rid of the chump once and for all.

You have done an AMAZING AND VERY BRAVE thing by taking your life back and listening to your HP. You have done what is best for you and you have given yourself an amazing gift by doing so. Give yourself time to process the feelings that are swirling around in your head- as you know, that may take a day or two, a week, a month- just don't rush it. I believe we all have the answers in our heart, we just have to be honest and truthful with ourselves before we find the answer. Sometimes that is REALLY, REALLY hard.

I think it is safe to say, by reading these forums and other literature about alcoholism, that the problems that you dealt with the XABF have not gone away, and probably never will (given the statistics of recovery vs. active addiction).

Keep your chin up, sweetie! This too shall pass!! You are a strong woman and you don't need to carry around the emotional deadweight of your XABF.

Said with lots of love and support,
craven