View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
phineas

The same for me. I kept reading pages and pages of this forum, trying to look for happy ending, and couldn't find any.
I keep thinking if I could ever take her back, and I keep convincing myself that it's a really bad idea. How do you rebuild trust? she lied to me so many times, I don't see how I can ever trust her. Even if she does remain sober.
I do miss her greatly though, and even though it's been 4 months since I left her, I am still miserable, and I feel that I am more miserable without her than I was with her and her drinking

Originally Posted by Rayn3dr0p View Post
Gosh, when I first started logging in here I wanted to ask the same exact question. And like everyone else has already said, while it is possible, it is highly unlikely if the A is still actively drinking. Also from what I understand, even when the A stops drinking, it is quite an uphill battle and many of the behaviors associated with alcoholism remain: the deception, the manipulation, the irresponsibility, etc.

At least, this is what I keep telling myself. It has been so difficult lately to stay away from my AXBF. I miss him so much. But I just keep telling myself: "Things never changed over the course of three years, so things probably never will. You're better off without him." But I'm not sure how much of what I'm telling myself is just some script I repeat over and over trying to convince myself or if I truly believe it. More and more, they feel just like empty words.

So, to answer your initial question, I don't have a positive story to share. Whether you try to stay or try to let go, it hurts.