Thread: Anger/Recovery
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
freefalling

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
It's okay to be angry.

Are you just angry at him, or are you angry at you?

I thought I was only angry at my Alcoholic. After I put down my magnifying glass that kept me focused on him and his behaviors, I picked up my mirror and looked at what I had been accepting in my life. I looked and saw time after time I put up with unacceptable behavior. Then I really started to get mad, and I was mad at me!

I had to stew in my anger for some time. Please let us know how we can help you through this time of frustration.
hi all

Wanted to start my own thread on anger - glad to see this thread with the valuable insights.

I am currently at the "terrible twos" stage. Two years out of a relationship with STBXAH (marriage lasted 23 years) and now only ANGRY. I find myself to be selfish and hanging on to my anger. Cannot seem to shake it. Angry towards him, myself,anybody that expect something of me, my upbringing, my inlaws for "rejecting" me etc . etc. I know I am not a beautiful person right now and wait for it .... now I am being ashamed of myself.

I want this anger to pass. It is an uncomfortable feeling. It is not a familiar feeling. Although I am starting to be aware that I carry a lot of resentments - that could have been there for a long time- but I hid it. From me and everybody.

This is a very uncomfortable stage of my recovery - anybody that can relate?

Last edited by DesertEyes; 12-02-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote