View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Boscoboy2002

Originally Posted by JW123 View Post

....So here I am devastated. He really is the man I love. I don't understand why, if he loves me so much that he wants "time out" and oh "he cant guarantee anything". Where does that leave me? How can someone share such a deep connection with another person - and we do - can he walk away needing to heal.

I am so broken. Obsessed by the special times.

Heaven help me.
JW..

My XAGF/XAW(we dated and lived together for 7ish years) did the exact same thing with me. For me, I struggled with the same thoughts and questions that I am sure you are experiencing right now like, "How could someone who 'loves' me just end things so quickly?". This one was the hardest, and still is, for me questions. Here is what has helped me work through it (and I still am..), and perhaps it can help you: Alcoholics are messed up and confused people. Left untreated, they are selfish, selfish, selfish, and weak people. Did I say selfish? We all deserve better.

As much as we love them, they love the bottle more. Otherwise they would have gotten better, right? It is not like you didn't try I am sure. You did your best but it wasn't enough. Move on. If he loves you, once he gets his act together he can get in touch with you somehow. Real love knows no boundaries.

I have accepted the fact that the person I loved was not really there. Know I am going to search my own soul, work my stuff out, and move on and find a person who will love and respect me just I do them. I wish my ex the best and know that that is all I can give them: my best wishes.

One last thing: NO CONTACT. It will only make things easier on you.