Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Babyblue

Hmm...these are just some thoughts I had after reading your post and just to reflect with you what I see....You are still really enmeshed with this guy and what he is doing. Almost like you like the drama he is in because it is a way to stay in touch. I dunno, I'm just throwing this out there.

And as for the issues with his ex and your question: "is there anything she can do to get him into trouble? Cause i'm so annoyed that this man never has any consequences for his actions." Do you want him to get into trouble? Will you feel vindicated? Sounds like more drama.

I guess my point is, you definately need to detach and hoping he gets into trouble is NOT detaching. It is still having his dysfunctional life swirling around your thoughts and you should focus on your detachment from his issues, not be interested in how more issues can be created for him.

Hope this makes sense but it isn't so much you as much as I read posts like this and think how we have the control to get unhealthy people out of our lives if we so chose and for whatever reason you are chosing not to so rather than look at the addict, drinker, or whomever is vexing us, think about why you want to still be entangled in their toxic lives.