View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Babyblue

I'm sorry you are hurting.

Along with the drinking, It is possible that he may be depressed and people who suffer from depression do stuff like this, push people away that they love because they feel they have nothing to give back. The drinking exacerbates that. I won't doubt you when you say you had something deep and meaningful but when people are depressed they don't see things clearly. Let alone a drunk AND depressed person.

When I was deep in depression, I really thought my own son would be better off without me in his life and it was out of love that I thought that. It made perfect sense to me but it was completely irrational thinking on my part. I didn't feel capable enough. And it pained me that I was not being a good mom because I was in so much pain myself.

It is about capacity and he doesn't seem to have it right now (esp with the drinking). That is how you dump someone you love. It is going to hurt. So do what you need to help YOUR feelings. No one knows what is on his mind. You can speculate all you want but it doesn't change the outcome.

I'd take what he said on face value because you will drive yourself bonkers trying to find anything behind his motive. He doesn't want a relationship right now. And you don't want to be in a relationship with someone who is conflicted about an ex. Take care of you as best as you can.