Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Marina, do you remember who you were before you became involved with this person? Have you been disappointed in the relationship? Maybe even angry about what your life has turned into with his influence? Before I got into Recovery I lived with a person who brought me down. The relationship was not equal; I did most of the work and paid all the bills and it was like he was sucking me dry. I was miserable in that relationship but I too was afraid to try life on my own. Fortunately, he did something so horrific that i HAD to get out, had to save myself. It took me nearly two years to break free from him and it damn near killed me. But by the grace of God, and with the help of AlAnon and my family, I made it. I hope you get away from him because when I read your story, I thought of my past, and how I slowly succumbed to the sickness that he brought into my life, my world, and my home. That is what drug addiction and alcoholism do. Please get away from him. You can do it. LEAP and the net will appear. (((hugs)))