View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Originally Posted by JW123 View Post
So here I am devastated. He really is the man I love. I don't understand why, if he loves me so much that he wants "time out" and oh "he cant guarantee anything". Where does that leave me? How can someone share such a deep connection with another person - and we do - can he walk away needing to heal.
Hi JW...

I wanted to chime in with this: whether or not your ABF is actually going to "work on his recovery", since there is a chance that he is dallying around or that he's not really serious, you have a choice to make. You can choose to wait around for him to decide he's ready for a relationship, which may or may not happen for a while. Or you can decide that you're not going to be his backup plan and move on.

Yes, this hurts like hell. Yes, it's going to be really uncomfortable for a while. However, discomfort never killed anyone and you can make it through this by reminding yourself that you have a choice.

If the relationship really is meant to be, then it'll happen, no matter what you do.

I'd strongly recommend letting him do his thing and focusing on you for a long while.