View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

Thoughts plz....

OK...so while thinking about my relationship with my AH, I have let myself someone slip and think there is a possibility that we could be togehter...why would I want that I'm not sure...I'm working on that.

1. Today he said, "It doesn't matter to me, I could not be married to and be ok." When he said this, what occured to me was WHY can't I say that?? why can't I be okay with that after all that has happened?? Codependency is part of it which I am working on, but wow....it seemed so easy for him to say.

2. When we were talking I asked him if he thought he would ever quit drinking. He said he didn't think he could and that it is a disease so I shouldn't expect it, he can't help it? Thoughts on this....?? He said that he shouldn't have to live w/ conditions that I am not his mother. My only response to this was I am not telling you what to do, just telling you what I don't think I can live with.

3. Lastly, I told him if we were ever to reconcile that he could not treat me badly and call me names. Again, he said that I am not his mother and how could I put conditions on him? I said that I could not live like that, and that it was his choice?

So basically I said if you are going to drink and call me names, then I can't live that way. I didn't tell him he had to stop, just what I would/wouldn't do. Am I thinking of this wrong? Help me out if you have any thoughts??