View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
GreenAces
One moment at a time.

When I first came to AA I was so overwhelmed with emotion, I felt like my life had finally turned around, and I felt as if nothing could ever bring me down.. I felt this way all the way through rehab which I entered 90 days in to sobriety and the feeling continued about a month after rehab... Looking back at it now, for me it kind of held me back... Because I was feeling so emotionally high in a great way it sort of stunted myself from doing a lot of the work in AA and I thought that I was fine.. It finally led me to believe that I didn't need AA which lead me to a "dry" period which lead to a relapse, which lead me back to AA drunk one day and got my "AA fix" and lead me back to another long "dry" period which in turn obviously lead to a relapse...

I would just suggest to not let this overwhelming feeling of joy mix up your brain like it did in mind.. Look at it as a gift from God, and move on to do the work you need to do in AA to fix yourself, so you can turn around some time down the road and help others.