View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
seakro

am i in love with an alcoholic?

i have had a relationship for over two years with a very intelligent woman. my work takes me around the world and she had travelled with me several times. she is 110 pounds. she enjoys usually 2 martinis everyday straight up and often takes a grand marnier to bed with her. this is a long distance relation ship separated by the coasts.
because i travel and i am newly divorced i need a lot of emotional feed back and support which is very difficult to get.. a thank you for picking up something special in my travels, a kind note or email, more often it is insult diguissed in light bantering.
her emotions, in the sequence of most shown or expressed are anger, then excitement for getting a drink then maybe caring. i use to think that her "its all about me attitude" was because she was a ***, but truthfully she is very very down to earth person, not wanting for much of anything.. in fact i consider her the (los angeles ****** goddess!)

With a woman i need some emotions of love and caring returned and it is only recently that I realized that her lack of it, may simply not be her personality but rather the signs that she is truly an functioning alcoholic. I do not think there s a day that goes by she doesnt drink, ive never seen it.

sadly she told me once she told her adult kids 19 /21 that she doesnt want to she any empty bottles around... there are other comments and signs which indicate putting booze on top of her priority..

am i wrong in my acessment? 2 martinis a day whether its 6 or 8 oz.. is the equivalent of 8-12 drinks a day..

any help in what i should do would be well appreciated

thank you

keith

Last edited by cece1960; 11-29-2010 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Possible offensive terms