View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RedBaron

Thanks everyone for your comments. To answer to some points that were raised, she's away for at least two weeks this time. Her first time in treatment was four weeks, and this time she's signed up for a shorter period, although I have told her that I'm concerned that two weeks isn't enough. Hopefully, the facility will want to extend it if they think it's required. On the legal advice, I spoke to an attorney last time she was in treatment, and her comments weren't too comforting. Yes, you could get custody, but it's not sure thing, especially since my wife is the stay-at-home mom. The crazy thing is that I am the one who takes time off for the parent-teacher conferences and in general does all the things she's meant to be doing, but if she gets a good lawyer (which I'll be paying for) it's still far from certain. I'm scheduling another consultation for this coming week. I do like the comments about her moving somewher else after treatment. I'm not sure her relatives would have her at this point, but I'll think on it somemore. I'm also having a good look around this site to gather what advice and input I can. It just seems my options as a man are so limited...