View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

Hello RedBaron, Before you start running around in circles looking for answers to your questions, I highly recommend you visit an attorney about your situation. That way a lot of your legal rights can be presented to you. Another resource for your questions might be your wife's treatment facility. The treatment facility that I have had contact with will include the families. As part of your wife's treatment plan will be a discharge plan. Express your concerns to the treatment facility director.

I would recommend that your wife finds herself somewhere to move to after her treatment is finished at the facility. The house is where your children live, and you
are their only primary caregiver. Your responsibility is for your children and yourself only!

You can separate without getting divorced. Divorce, if it happens, can be down the road and only when you are ready.

Any time I am in resentment, I am not taking care of myself. I am blaming someone else for something I need to do.
An expectation is a premeditated resentment.
The higher the expectations, the lower the serenity. I try to keep my boundaries high, my expectations low, and my heart open. ??
Learn to give from my overflow rather that from my reserve. This is self care, we learn to let go of burdens we were never meant to carry. Learn to ask,
“What is the best thing for me?”
I remove the other person’s dignity if I try to make their decisions for them.
Learn to live with the “disease” that comes when you stop something and practice new behavior, the feelings will pass.
Anger can be constructive in telling me that someone else is stepping on some boundaries that I need to enforce.

The only difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is in how you use them.
It is futile to spend time trying to figure out what makes some one else tick.
When I blame someone else for something, I give up my power to them.

On the Steps:

Willingness comes from the pain, the healing comes from the steps.

Step 1. Surrender
Step 2. Sanity
Step 3. Serenity

There is a difference between “relief” and “recovery”.

Steps 1-3 bring relief
Steps 4-9 bring recovery..
Steps 10-12 maintain it…

Steps 6 & 7:

Step 6 Be willing, Be ready and let God do the work

Step 7 Humbly ask (acknowledge who I am in relation to God)

These steps have grown and I expand with the steps?.

Codependency Recovery is meant to be worked with another and with God.