View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
ITZMESSEDUP

"i don't think anyone can come off methadone"

Two detox's ago the doctor in the detox suggested that I take methadone to help with pain issues. (Told me to see him in his private practice) Instead of abusing oxycontins, percocets, vicodins (if I had nothing else) Methadone was 1 of my nevers. I only got them to "get rid of them" well, we all know what happens there. I got rid of them alright, got rid of them right down my throat, along with the OC's and percs. I now have 5 and a half months clean and HAPPY TO BE OFF THAT LEASH!! So, you can come off anything in my own opinion.

BM123...there is no easy answer. You are just going to have to go through it. If you are sweating alot..take lots of showers (like someone else said) be careful with the benzos. I don't think they are going to help you sleep anyway. Took me over three months to get more than 1-2 hours sleep at a time (usually in the day) after trying to sleep all night. A few things I always liked while withdrawling...zantac, immodium, cup of noodles, gatorade, toast and bannanas..I seen someone say go to a detox if you can, It will make it so much easier....you know how bad it feels now? It only gets worse. Don't eat pills on an impulse to "feel better" it wastes however long you went without one and your back to starting the BS all over again...GET INTO A DETOX!! if at all possible.