View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Originally Posted by ITZMESSEDUP View Post
.first she wanted out because of my addiction...now she says we couldn't possibly get back together because I'm clean...I just don't get it..I am making myself laugh for the first time in awhile...I have to admit I'm obsessing over this situation in spite of trying not to.
You didn't really expect things to make sense with an active user, did you?
Yes, do laugh, at the irony, at the contradiction of it all. That kind of laughter is healing for you, because it reminds you that you aren't crazy even if her logic is!

She doesn't know you now? Or does that translate to: "Your sobriety scares me because I am not sober" or, "one of us sober doesn't make us work, we both have to use", or "your sobriety makes me feel guilty".

But I digress! What she's thinking doesn't matter, what she is doing matters, her actions!
She may be hurting, but for now, she's chosen the bottle instead of you to share her pain with. Ouch, but it doesn't reflect on YOU.
You can wait, or get busy living, and if she crawls back, at that point and time you have a choice, and it is YOUR choice.
Your story reminds me much of the days of wine and roses. Rent it again if it's dim in your memory?
Small meetings= more time to talk! Think of the positives!
You stay strong and sober, because that's how you're good for anybody, you, her, or anyone you know or care for. You're on the right path.
My sympathies that she is on the wrong one.